My background is in journalism: news reporting, feature writing and editing. I have written news and features for a range of specialist and professional press on health, social policy, medicine and nursing.
- The Guardian
- The Observer
- British Medical Journal
- Nursing Times
- Nursing Standard
- Health Service journal
- Community Care
- Health Matters
I write about public health, nursing, health policy and all manner of health related topics. I can offer communications expertise, devise strategies and plans, write and edit reports, briefings and blogs. You can commission me for all of these plus news and feature writing, conference reporting and comment pieces. Contact me here.
- HSJ: Claire Laurent's Stories*
- Hidden in plain sight: modern slavery human trafficking in the UK
- South Tyneside PCNs make it over the line
- MIDIRS: Screening for Dads
- Municipal Journal: Taking health inequalities out of the shadows